We are writing to invite you to join other members and the Board for Brunch on Oct 7, 2012, at the home of Shelly Errington, 323 Rigg Street Santa Cruz. At the first annual SCFA Fall Party, we will socialize, eat brunch, discuss our ideas about the future, and become informed about issues. Here are a few of them:
- What’s happening at the systemwide level with CUCFA, and what are other FAs doing? (report from CUCFA)
- Followup from Sept 30 meeting of No.Cal. UC faculty, held at Berkeley (if you are an SCFA member, you got an invitation – contact Debi Rosenberg email@example.com you want to go. Between 6-10 UCSC faculty have signed up and will be attending.)
- Your Rights – copyright news and patent news
- Any questions about our Grants Program – deadline is Oct 15!
- Our evolving relationships with other unions, including AFT and AAUP.
Cordially, The SCFA Board (Cindy Cruz, Ben Carson, Ben Crow, Shelly Errington, Gina Langhout, Andrew Mathews, Joel Primack, Beth Stephens)